REMINDER – Bulk Collection Guidelines
The borough contracts annually for a special collection of what is generally known as bulk collection. Bulk Items are items that are too large to fit in a regular garbage can, such as rugs, carpeting, and split-rail fencing (cannot be longer than four (4) feet in length and must be rolled and tied in liftable bundles), furniture, mattresses, household items, etc. Small items must be placed in a bag or container—do not put loose items at curbside. Please see section below for items that will NOT be collected with bulk.
IMPORTANT: YOU MAY NOT DROP OFF THE BULK ITEMS ABOVE AT THE DPW YARD! THEY MUST BE PUT AT THE CURB FOR PICK UP BY THE GARBAGE COMPANY.
All materials for disposal must be placed curbside, separated from normal household garbage, grass, brush materials, and recyclable materials, by 2 AM on the designated MONDAY for your zone. While the actual collections will take more than one day in a given zone, once the truck has completed collection on your street, it will NOT return.
BULK ITEMS THAT WILL NOT BE TAKEN
The following items MAY NOT be put out with bulk and MAY NOT be brought to the DPW Yard at any time. You must arrange for a private disposal company to remove the following items:
- Construction debris and materials, such as sheet rock, concrete, brick, lumber, plaster, roof shingles and other
roofing materials, garage doors, etc.
- Certain Household appliances— refrigerators, dehumidifiers, and A/C units.
- Firewood, logs, trees, stumps, tree parts or any other type of garden waste
- Cardboard and similar packing materials will not be collected, as they are to be recycled on the regular recycling day.
BULK ITEMS THAT WILL NOT BE TAKEN BUT MAY BE BROUGHT TO DPW
The following recyclable items MAY NOT be put out with bulk but MAY be brought to the DPW Yard 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month, from 9 AM – 1 PM:
Household Appliances (washing machines, dryers, hot water heaters, dishwashers, stoves, etc.) NO refrigerators, dehumidifiers, or A/C units.
- Metal Items Any metal item may be brought to the public works yard during days and hours above.
- Rigid Plastic (plastic outdoor play furniture, plastic sand boxes, plastic pools, large plastic toys, etc.)
- Electronic Equipment All electronic equipment must be recycled (fax machines, computers, printers, copiers, monitors, televisions, etc.)
- Rimless Tires, Used Motor Oil and Antifreeze
- Paint Cans if completely empty and dry (lids have been removed and sufficient time has elapsed for paint to dry into a solid mass). DO NOT POUR PAINT DOWN SINK OR STORM DRAINS, AS THIS IS A VIOLATION OF ENVIRONMENTAL LAWS.
- Empty Gasoline Cans, Propane Tanks, and Gasoline-powered Equipment (Propane gas tanks may also be taken to a propane supplier.)
- Rechargeable Batteries and Car Batteries (alkaline batteries should be put in regular household garbage)
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs